Adsense AutoAds

Website in the works. In the meantime I have posted some music I enjoy. I post my fishing trips here as a resource for future trips and to re-live the trips when I cannot get out to wet a line. Comments are welcome! Hope you enjoy. All pictures and videos are taken by me unless otherwise noted and I reserve all copyright privileges to all my Narratives, Photos and Videos. - Burgs

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Surf Fishing Malibu 04-29-2012

After getting a few hours of sleep after getting back from Catalina I met up with Flannery at 6:00 A.M. at his place. We were at our fishing location by about 7 A.M. and it was an outgoing tide until 10:45 A.M.. Fishing was pretty slow most of the morning but I landed a small 10" rockfish (it was gut hooked so I kept it since it was going to die anyways) and Brian hooked up with a nice 15" Calico Bass. I hooked up with something fairly large twice, but one time it took me into the kelp and got off the hook and another time it rocked itself and would not budge (ended up breaking my line). Great weather and views and no other fishermen in my fishing area except for us! Three trips, three fish even during a slow bite at that! Followed up with a fish fry with Flannery at my pad, we cooked up two whitefish, two calico bass and rockfish coated with bread crumbs & panko and thin sliced potatoes...good stuff.

A short video and some pictures:



No comments:

Post a Comment