Adsense AutoAds

Website in the works. In the meantime I have posted some music I enjoy. I post my fishing trips here as a resource for future trips and to re-live the trips when I cannot get out to wet a line. Comments are welcome! Hope you enjoy. All pictures and videos are taken by me unless otherwise noted and I reserve all copyright privileges to all my Narratives, Photos and Videos. - Burgs

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Balboa Pier 04-01-2012

Drove down to Balboa Pier to meet up with Mahigeer and Jellyfish to do some fishing and to check out the pier since I had never been there. When I first arrived at around 10:45 A.M. Mahigeer was still getting breakfast and bait. I proceeded to the second cut out on the right and fished for about 30 minutes before Jellyfish showed up. After another 30 minutes or so of fishing and BSing with Jellyfish, Mahigeer showed up and we proceeded to the end of the pier South of the restaurant which was a great wind break. Fishing was pretty slow all day, I ended up catching on smelt and two macs on a sabiki. People further up the pier on the North side were pulling up 5-6 macs and sardines on every drop, but none of us wanted to endure the wind for a few mackerels which we would be releasing anyways. Around 1 P.M. Dowaito showed up with his lovely girlfriend (or wife, I forget) and a print he prepared for me in exchange for the shovelnose I saved for him to print. We chatted for a little while, made the exchange and then he had to split since his folks are in town. Ended up leaving at around 5 P.M. for the long drive home. Was nice to see a new pier and meet two more PFIC members! Some pier and water pics below.

No comments:

Post a Comment