Adsense AutoAds

Website in the works. In the meantime I have posted some music I enjoy. I post my fishing trips here as a resource for future trips and to re-live the trips when I cannot get out to wet a line. Comments are welcome! Hope you enjoy. All pictures and videos are taken by me unless otherwise noted and I reserve all copyright privileges to all my Narratives, Photos and Videos. - Burgs

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Clean-up and Fishing Redondo Breakwall 04-22-2012

Met up with Mahigeer at the foot of the jetty around 11:45 and he had already picked up two bags of trash. Shortly thereafter we proceeded to about 1/4 of the way up the jetty and I fished the outside for a while using market shrimp and cut sardine as bait. Got a few taps, but nothing stuck. Mahigeer poke poled the inside of the jetty for a while for the same results. I then moved over to the inside and dropped my bait in between rocks and kelp (tried squid, crab, mackerel and sardine. Crab seemed to work the best). First drop I got an almost immediate hit and I saw it happen! It looked like a small bass. After moving around dropping the bait here and there I finally got a small sculpin (8-9" or so) on a crab knuckle. Mahigeer was casting lures at this point but did not get anything. We picked up another bag of trash on the way out at around 3:00 P.M. and I picked up some weights Mahigeer made for me.





No comments:

Post a Comment