Adsense AutoAds

Website in the works. In the meantime I have posted some music I enjoy. I post my fishing trips here as a resource for future trips and to re-live the trips when I cannot get out to wet a line. Comments are welcome! Hope you enjoy. All pictures and videos are taken by me unless otherwise noted and I reserve all copyright privileges to all my Narratives, Photos and Videos. - Burgs

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Hermosa Beach Pier 04/08/2012

Arrived at the pier at around 7:00 A.M. with my fishing buddy Brian. At first we started at about the half way mark just past a huge group of anglers killing it on sardines with sabikis. After a while we moved further up the pier to try our luck in the location we did well at last time we were here. We both landed quite a few mackerel and sardines throughout the day using sabikis. Brian caught one 10" or so rock fish and I caught one keeper rock crab in my crab net. Did see one guy hooked into a large thresher shark which put on quite a show, jumping out of the water and making a couple runs under the pier. Once up closer the angler snapped his line being to aggressive with it while two friends we trying to rope gaff it. It was a shame he lost such a nice shark. Also talked with fellow PFIC member Tim aka Toejamb. He had about the same luck as us on the day (A few sardine and mackerel). Left the pier around 1:30 P.M. and were asked by a DFG fish counter near the base if he could measure and weigh our catch. Since we had about 30 minutes left on the parking meeter we obliged his request and let him measure and weigh our catch of mackerel and sardines. Was a very nice fellow! Left about 2:00 P.M. enjoying the great eye candy which was abundant all the way out of town. Great day of fishing with Brian. A few pictures below.

No comments:

Post a Comment