Adsense AutoAds

Website in the works. In the meantime I have posted some music I enjoy. I post my fishing trips here as a resource for future trips and to re-live the trips when I cannot get out to wet a line. Comments are welcome! Hope you enjoy. All pictures and videos are taken by me unless otherwise noted and I reserve all copyright privileges to all my Narratives, Photos and Videos. - Burgs

Friday, May 4, 2012

Malibu Surf Fishing 05-04-2012

Got to the fishing location around 8:00 A.M. and set up on the rocks since it was almost high tide and the beach was covered. Started out with a single reverse dropper loop with cut sardine. After a few short bites I switched up to a traditional high-low with squid on top and cut sardine on the bottom. After not getting many bites I was thinking of switching out the squid for cut mackerel but thought I would give it one last try....couple minutes later I had the only fish landed on the day, a nice fat 14+" grass rockfish! Had something else very large on but it rocked itself and would not budge. It ripped out some drag a couple times but never fully released from the rocks. One last attempted run and my drag was too tight and it snapped the line. O well, I will get em the next time. Tired and happy with the one fish I called it a day around 11:00 A.M..

Fishing area and fish pics:

1 comment: