Adsense AutoAds

Website in the works. In the meantime I have posted some music I enjoy. I post my fishing trips here as a resource for future trips and to re-live the trips when I cannot get out to wet a line. Comments are welcome! Hope you enjoy. All pictures and videos are taken by me unless otherwise noted and I reserve all copyright privileges to all my Narratives, Photos and Videos. - Burgs

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Redondo Sportsfishing (Short) Pier 05-10-2012

Fished the short pier today from about 7:30 AM till 2:00 PM. My main goal was to hopefully stock up on Sardines for bait, but didn't see any all day. Morning started out very slow, don't think I caught my first fish until about 3 hours in. I was fishing one rod with a double dropper with squid and sardine as bait and a sabiki rod with small chunks of mackerel. Finally caught a 12" or so mackerel around 10:30 or so on the sabiki rod. Tried out different baits on the droppers (mackerel, smelt and a small sand dab I caught as live bait) but did not get anything on it all day. Caught a humongous smelt (I did not measure it before I chopped it up for bait, but I think it was at least 17") a half dozen medium to large pacific mackerel and one medium sized Spanish mackerel. Pretty slow day for this pier, but still had a good time!

No fish pics this time, just a couple shots of the harbor.


No comments:

Post a Comment