Adsense AutoAds

Website in the works. In the meantime I have posted some music I enjoy. I post my fishing trips here as a resource for future trips and to re-live the trips when I cannot get out to wet a line. Comments are welcome! Hope you enjoy. All pictures and videos are taken by me unless otherwise noted and I reserve all copyright privileges to all my Narratives, Photos and Videos. - Burgs

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Redondo Sportsfishing Pier 05-30-2012

Hit up the Sportsfishing pier at Redondo today. Started out at around 7:30 AM and fished till 2:00 PM. Fishing was very slow all day. I caught three mackerel, a smelt and a couple senorita fish (damn bait stealer, lol). I tried to crab for a bit, but since I forgot my bait cage the seals promptly removed the mackerel in the net portion so I stopped to keep the seals away and since it was pointless. Very nice weather and very little swell (probably why fishing was slow). At one point my heavy line with a live smelt for bait took off peeling line out, but when I brought it up a seal was right behind it so I am thinking either the seal hit my line or the smelt really wanted to get away from it, lol. Lots of Calico bass, mostly shorts, being caught and released on the side portion of the pier.

No comments:

Post a Comment