Adsense AutoAds

Website in the works. In the meantime I have posted some music I enjoy. I post my fishing trips here as a resource for future trips and to re-live the trips when I cannot get out to wet a line. Comments are welcome! Hope you enjoy. All pictures and videos are taken by me unless otherwise noted and I reserve all copyright privileges to all my Narratives, Photos and Videos. - Burgs

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Surf Fishing Malibu 08-25-2013

Running a little behind on my posts since Google decided to change the photo editor in Picassa...grrr.

Anyways, I got to Malibu around 5:55 AM and Brian arrived a little after 7:00 AM and we left around Noon. We fished the incoming tide most of the day with a low tide of -.037 at 4:44 AM and high tide of 5.11 at 10:53 AM. Bait was squid all day.

I caught my first fish at 6:10 AM which was a 22" leopard shark. I didn't catch anything else until 8:27 AM, which was a decent sized black aka buttermouth perch. Brian got his only fish of the day at 10:28 AM which was a huge 20" Johnny Bass aka Olive Rockfish, best fish of the day by a long shot. I closed out the catching with a small cabazon at 11:29 AM. Kind of a slow day of fishing, but at least we caught some fish :). Everything but the bass were released.

1 comment: