Adsense AutoAds

Website in the works. In the meantime I have posted some music I enjoy. I post my fishing trips here as a resource for future trips and to re-live the trips when I cannot get out to wet a line. Comments are welcome! Hope you enjoy. All pictures and videos are taken by me unless otherwise noted and I reserve all copyright privileges to all my Narratives, Photos and Videos. - Burgs

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Night Fishing Malibu 08-20-2013

So Brian and I decided to do some night fishing. We picked this particular night because it was a full moon and the first day of the last scheduled grunion run for 2013. Didn't see any grunion, but fishing was red hot most of the night! We started fishing around 6:20 PM and the first fish was caught by me at 6:27 PM, a small leopard shark. The next fish landed was a small grass rockfish by me at 7:53 PM. Brian joined the action by catching a bat ray with a 32" wingspan at 8:00 PM (damn thing was heavy). He also caught a small grass rockfish after that, but I didn't note the time. I caught the next four fish which were a nice 16" calico bass at 8:33 PM, a small grassy at 8:48 PM, a small grassy at 8:56 PM and another small grassy at 9:19 PM. All the grassies landed were between 8 and 11". Brian lost a nice grassy at his feet at 9:05 PM, it looked to be about 13-14" or so. I also lost a nice one about 15' out around this time that looked like a large calico or rockfish. Brian closed out the catching with a decent sized (but not big enough to keep for us) shovelnose guitarfish at 11:00 PM and we left shortly after that. Bait was squid all night, everything but the calico bass released. Nine total fish caught, I will take that any day of the week :).

No comments:

Post a Comment