Adsense AutoAds

Website in the works. In the meantime I have posted some music I enjoy. I post my fishing trips here as a resource for future trips and to re-live the trips when I cannot get out to wet a line. Comments are welcome! Hope you enjoy. All pictures and videos are taken by me unless otherwise noted and I reserve all copyright privileges to all my Narratives, Photos and Videos. - Burgs

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Night Fishing Malibu 08-22-2013

Brian and I decided to do some more night fishing since the grunion run was still going on and the moon was still almost full. No grunion spotted tonight either, but fishing was pretty good even thought there was a ton of crab around chomping on our bait (Brian caught and released two nice sized rock crabs). We arrived at a little after 7:00 PM and fished the incoming tide until a little after high tide (5.32') when we left around 11:15 PM. Bait was squid all night. Brian caught two small grass rockfish and a small calico bass and I caught two small grass rockfish all before 8:00 PM (only one picture taken of the bunch since I was again in the middle of the ocean standing on a rock). I caught the rest of the fish starting with a nice sized sargo at 9:47 PM, then a small leopard shark at 10:28 PM and finishing out with a thornback ray at 10:42 PM. Another nice night of fishing in Malibu, all fish caught were released.

1 comment:

  1. Fishing for the big one is an exciting sport and there are as many options as you can dream up.

    Alaska Sportfishing Expeditions

    ReplyDelete