Adsense AutoAds

Website in the works. In the meantime I have posted some music I enjoy. I post my fishing trips here as a resource for future trips and to re-live the trips when I cannot get out to wet a line. Comments are welcome! Hope you enjoy. All pictures and videos are taken by me unless otherwise noted and I reserve all copyright privileges to all my Narratives, Photos and Videos. - Burgs

Friday, August 2, 2013

Surf Fishing Malibu 08-02-2013

Hit up my favorite spot in Malibu from 1:30 PM to 7:30 PM. Fished the incoming tide, low tide was at 1:12 PM and high tide was at 7:19 PM. Fishing was fairly slow most of the day, with a nibble here and there until I caught my first fish for the day at around 4:15 PM, a 25" Leopard Shark with a big ass head, lol. Next and final fish for the day was caught at around 5:10 PM, a nice fat 16" Calico bass! Nice! Nothing after that. Bait was squid. On a side note, there were a ton of military helicopters flying by all day, sometimes pretty low. A pic and video of them are below.

3 comments:

  1. I really appreciate your effort for sharing a great topic it's wonderful. Thank you for sharing, I like it very much.....

    Alaska Sportfishing Expeditions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Right Up. Do you catch bigger models of the Leo's there? or just the pups?

    Socalsurfrats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ron. I have caught up to +/- 36" there (almost and possibly legal, but not gonna push it myself), but usually it is the 18"-24" pups. No bigger models...yet ;)

      Delete