Adsense AutoAds

Website in the works. In the meantime I have posted some music I enjoy. I post my fishing trips here as a resource for future trips and to re-live the trips when I cannot get out to wet a line. Comments are welcome! Hope you enjoy. All pictures and videos are taken by me unless otherwise noted and I reserve all copyright privileges to all my Narratives, Photos and Videos. - Burgs

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Montaña de Oro State Park 09-15-2013

Since I was still up in Central California with Brian after the Avila Kids Fishing Derby the day before, we decided to do some more fishing. Brian had a place he wanted to fish in mind, so off we went. We arrived around 12:30 PM and stopped fishing around 4:30 PM. Bait was squid mostly, but I did try white croaker and lizard fish with no luck. We started out fishing to on the rocks (forth pic down with girl and boy on it) to the left of the large rock / small hill in the middle. Luckily the swell was way down today, so we didn't get too wet. I caught the first fish of the day at 1:36 PM, which was a small thornback ray. Brian caught the second and last fish of the day at 1:56 PM, an 11" or so kelp greenling. At around 2:30 or so we tried to go up the big rock / hill in the middle to fish off the front of that, but with all our gear and my lack of climbing skills, we had to settle for a rock outcropping to the right of it. We tried there for about a couple hours, with no takers. Both fish were released, weather was great! Nice to fish a new place and soak in the rays :).

No comments:

Post a Comment