Adsense AutoAds

Website in the works. In the meantime I have posted some music I enjoy. I post my fishing trips here as a resource for future trips and to re-live the trips when I cannot get out to wet a line. Comments are welcome! Hope you enjoy. All pictures and videos are taken by me unless otherwise noted and I reserve all copyright privileges to all my Narratives, Photos and Videos. - Burgs

Monday, September 23, 2013

Birthday Fishing in Malibu 09-23-2013

Being that is was my Birthday, what better thing to do than what I love....go fishing! My regular fishing buddy Brian was still out of town and others were busy, so I went alone. I got to the fishing spot at around 6:30 AM and left around 10:30 AM. Low tide was a 1.81 at 5:42 AM and High was a 5.01 at 11:53 AM. Bait was squid. Fishing was pretty slow the first couple hours, with just nibble here a nibble there. First fish of the day was caught at 8:38 AM, which was an 11" grass rockfish. Released em to get bigger and the next fish was a 12" grass rockfish at 9:04 AM. Into the potential keeper bucket of water and back to fishing for me. The last and final fish caught for the day was a nice 13" grass rockfish caught at 9:48 AM. I also reeled in a lobster leg at 9:40 AM, which I left on for bait (no takers that I know of, if came off after the third cast, not sure if it fell off or something took it off). Brought the 12 & 13" grass rockfish over to my parents and filet them for them to add to the other two I brought them a couple weeks back. Now they have plenty for a nice meal :). Day was capped off with sushi with the parents and wife that evening, so my day started and ended with fish....best birthday I could ask for :).

No comments:

Post a Comment