Adsense AutoAds

Website in the works. In the meantime I have posted some music I enjoy. I post my fishing trips here as a resource for future trips and to re-live the trips when I cannot get out to wet a line. Comments are welcome! Hope you enjoy. All pictures and videos are taken by me unless otherwise noted and I reserve all copyright privileges to all my Narratives, Photos and Videos. - Burgs

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Surf Fishing Malibu 08-18-2012

Had the wife drop me off at the Malibu spot around 5:45 AM. Was set up and fishing five minutes later. It was an incoming tide until around 10:30 AM which was a 4.5+ high tide. Tried squid, fresh sand crabs and salted and unsalted anchovy. Only creature caught on the day besides the bait was a decent sized rock crab. Sent safely back in the water after a quick picture. Skunked fish wise. Had one fish on, but hook must have been not in well as it came off about half way in. Felt like a small to medium sized leopard shark. Left around 11:30 AM when wife came back to get me after her morning shift. Weather was downright perfect. Water was clear, but whole area stunk of rotting lobsters. Lots of baby lobster shells all over. Season is almost here!


No comments:

Post a Comment