Adsense AutoAds

Website in the works. In the meantime I have posted some music I enjoy. I post my fishing trips here as a resource for future trips and to re-live the trips when I cannot get out to wet a line. Comments are welcome! Hope you enjoy. All pictures and videos are taken by me unless otherwise noted and I reserve all copyright privileges to all my Narratives, Photos and Videos. - Burgs

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Shelter Island Kid Derby 08-11-2012

Copied and pasted this report from here - PFIC Report

We arrived (Arcadian, Burger, and RedKorn to the Shelter Island Pier around 6:30 am.
Met up with Mahigeer and Richd1963 a little while later.

Was a gloomy start, and we got down to business.

Started Cutting up Squids, Shrimps, and Anchovies.



Burger, Redkorn, Richd1963, a young kid




Mahigeer and Halibut Bud


The Lines Started Forming and poles set out for the kids.




Aircraft Carrier Waltzes by.


Kids Getting ready for the Derby, Listening to the rules



Few of winning kids.

Calico


Wrasse


Yellow Fin Croaker


Opaleye


Nice Smelt



We all had a great time, Plan to do it again next year or whenever. Maybe Up North.

Thanks for everyone who showed up!

We went fishing afterwards, only Burger was hooking them up, mostly mackerals.

Would have taken more picture just was busy with other stuff, was tossing out Squido Chum every 15 minutes seems to help a tad.

Weather was Nice. Few Rays, Mackerals, Wrasse, Spotted bass, Calico's, Opaleye, Rockfishes, Halibuts. A good Varities of fish, mostly all small.
until Next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment