Adsense AutoAds

Website in the works. In the meantime I have posted some music I enjoy. I post my fishing trips here as a resource for future trips and to re-live the trips when I cannot get out to wet a line. Comments are welcome! Hope you enjoy. All pictures and videos are taken by me unless otherwise noted and I reserve all copyright privileges to all my Narratives, Photos and Videos. - Burgs

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Jetty Fishing Port Hueneme 08-05-2012

Picked up Flannery at 10:00 AM at his pad and after dropping off his woman at work in Thousand Oaks we headed to a Port Hueneme jetty. After the very long walk across sand with all our gear we finally arrived and started fishing around 11:30 AM. We stared about half way up the left part of the jetty and didn't catch anything at all. One gentleman near the base was drilling Calico Bass, one about 16" or so according to Flannery (I did not see it). I moved down to the end of the jetty around noon and he stayed in the middle till around 1 then came to the end with me. I caught one 10-11" brown rockfish (first time catching one that I recall) on frozen sardine and Brian didn't catch anything. We moved over to the other side of the jetty around 3:00 PM and I started with squid and sardine and Brian used sand crabs. Brian landed one 13" cabazon and one 9" or so grass rockfish. I also tried sand crabs after seeing his success but I did not catch anything on them. We packed it up and prepared for the long walk back around 4:30 PM both satisfied that we caught fish even though they were all released (some gave me dirty looks when I sent the brown rockfish back, lol).

No comments:

Post a Comment