Adsense AutoAds

Website in the works. In the meantime I have posted some music I enjoy. I post my fishing trips here as a resource for future trips and to re-live the trips when I cannot get out to wet a line. Comments are welcome! Hope you enjoy. All pictures and videos are taken by me unless otherwise noted and I reserve all copyright privileges to all my Narratives, Photos and Videos. - Burgs

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Jetty Fishing Ventura Harbor 08-09-2012

Flannery and I decided to hit up a jetty we have had decent luck at in the past for a short fishing outing. We arrived at the jetty around 9:30 AM and proceeded to the end. Along the way a nice fellow fisherman gave us a bunch of fresh dead anchovies. We both started out with this for bait and did not get anything. We kept getting bites, but it is hard to keep those things on your hook if you do not have thread with you. I had dropped mine down a deep hole upon arrival, so that kinda sucked, lol. We also tried squid and I tried perch, mackerel, queen fish, bull head and shrimp. I caught one small thorn-back ray on squid and lost something that felt fairly large when I was reeling in my last cast and thought I was just snagged...a few head shakes later and I realized a tad too late I had a fish and it went into a rock or something. After pulling from different angles for about 5-10 minutes my 40 pound test finally broke. Oh well, next time! No pics this time, waves were too big and we were getting splashed a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment