Adsense AutoAds

Website in the works. In the meantime I have posted some music I enjoy. I post my fishing trips here as a resource for future trips and to re-live the trips when I cannot get out to wet a line. Comments are welcome! Hope you enjoy. All pictures and videos are taken by me unless otherwise noted and I reserve all copyright privileges to all my Narratives, Photos and Videos. - Burgs

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Hobson Beach 08-19-2012

So my parents were leaving today to go camping at Hobson Beach so Brian and I decided it would be a great time to go fish there since it had been a while. We arrived around 10:15 AM or so and scoped out the campsites for my parents. No one had yet left so we parked in day parking and started fishing on the rocks near the staircase with squid for bait (me on a a high low, Brian on a single dropper loop). After about an hour I caught my first fish for the day, a 30" Leopard Shark that had a perfect hook set in the corner of the mouth, but had wrapped the low hook and weight around it several times. After a few quick pictures and unraveling it from the mess it made with the line back it went to grow some.

Right after the catch, one of the spots my parents like opened up so I ran to the car and snagged it. After filling out the paperwork and paying for the site it was back to fishing until they arrived. Neither of us caught anything else before they got there and got the site situated and lunch from the snack shop for all of us (tasty burgers and fries).

After lunch, which was also after high tide, we fished the rocks with my dad for a while and then Brian and I started walking towards Seacliff along the beach as the tide receded .  A short time later I hooked up with another Leopard Shark which was bigger. After horsing him in I was excited thinking it may be over 36"...a quick measure and...33", doh! It vomited up what looked like crab eggs and a few sand crabs. After unhooking it back it went into the deep blue. Neither one of us caught anything else after that. We mostly used squid or live sand crabs, but I also tried perch, shrimp and anchovy for no takers.

We fished a little after sunset and dinner (a great tri-tip salad and garlic bread spread prepared by my mom and dad) but did not catch anything either. We left the site around 9:00 PM with full bellies and our fishing itch for the moment satisfied!

Thanks for everything Mom & Dad!

A few pictures courtesy of Brian:

No comments:

Post a Comment