Adsense AutoAds

Website in the works. In the meantime I have posted some music I enjoy. I post my fishing trips here as a resource for future trips and to re-live the trips when I cannot get out to wet a line. Comments are welcome! Hope you enjoy. All pictures and videos are taken by me unless otherwise noted and I reserve all copyright privileges to all my Narratives, Photos and Videos. - Burgs

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Surf Fishing Malibu 06-09-2012

Since I started a new job last Monday I can really only get out on the weekends now, so I wanted to make sure not to miss a day so I had the wife drop me off in Malibu on her way to work at around 7:15 AM or so. This spot seems to produce better at high tide, but it was just about low upon my arrival. It was a -0.12 and the high would not be until around 3 at +4. Fishing was pretty slow with a nibble here and there, but not much. Tried smelt, squid, octopus, shrimp and sand crabs. I even tried trowing a bucktail jig for a bit before leaving. I think I had a few hits, but nothing that stuck, not sure though since I do not do much lure fishing yet. The only fish caught was a small leopard shark on shrimp (first time catching a shark on shrimp). After a quick photo it was quickly returned to get bigger.   A couple fellows walking the coast line said they caught a short white sea bass up the way a little bit on a swimbait. They said it was a 26"er, so a couple short.  Nice day out, and I avoided the skunk so I am happy with that. Lots of dead baby lobsters on the shore. The wife met up after work and we had a brief picnic before leaving around 2PM. Hitting Malibu Pier tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment