Adsense AutoAds

Website in the works. In the meantime I have posted some music I enjoy. I post my fishing trips here as a resource for future trips and to re-live the trips when I cannot get out to wet a line. Comments are welcome! Hope you enjoy. All pictures and videos are taken by me unless otherwise noted and I reserve all copyright privileges to all my Narratives, Photos and Videos. - Burgs

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Fathers Day 2012 - Surf Fishing Malibu

So the pops was able to go fishing with me to the location he told me about in Malibu, but he had never fished yet. After meeting him at 7:00 AM at his house we headed to Malibu. We started fishing around 8:00 AM fishing the incoming tide until around 9:45 high of 3.24'. Low was not until 2:17 and was only a 2.07 so not a whole lot of water movement. Fishing was pretty slow, I caught one decent sized black / butter mouth perch fairly early on market shrimp. Dad caught a rock crab that got hooked while snacking on his bait. We promptly released the little guy since hook and line is not a legal method of take. After that neither of us got anything but snags and salad. The salad was actually not as bad as previous trips, but it was still covering the bait occasionally. Left around noon to get home, cleaned up and back at the parents house for a 4:00 PM Fathers Day BBQ. Not too many fish, but it was still nice to hit the water with him and show him the secret location he told me about but had never fished.

No comments:

Post a Comment