Adsense AutoAds

Website in the works. In the meantime I have posted some music I enjoy. I post my fishing trips here as a resource for future trips and to re-live the trips when I cannot get out to wet a line. Comments are welcome! Hope you enjoy. All pictures and videos are taken by me unless otherwise noted and I reserve all copyright privileges to all my Narratives, Photos and Videos. - Burgs

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Surf Fishing Malibu 10-06-2012

After being out of commission for a few days being sick, I thought what better way to spend my first day feeling good than fishing! The wife dropped me off around 7:40 AM and I was fishing by 8:00 AM. Ten minutes later, fish on! Brought in a nice 12" grass rockfish. Nice start! Fishing was slow after that with my bait getting stolen by crabs constantly (took a pic of one I brought in below) and making it hard to detect strikes as well. Around 11:00 AM I finally hooked up again, another nice 12" grassy! Two fish in the bucket, I am content but keep fishing because the wife is not scheduled to be back until around noon. Around 11:55 AM I feel a tap, tap, tap, tap, tap then I start to real in and...fish on! Brought in my FIRST EVER legal cabby! SWEEEET! Taped out at 15.5" and it was a smurf! Stoked to have caught my first ever legal cabby I pack up and leave just in time for the wife to pick me up. I love this spot! All fish caught on squid and double dropper loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment