Adsense AutoAds

Website in the works. In the meantime I have posted some music I enjoy. I post my fishing trips here as a resource for future trips and to re-live the trips when I cannot get out to wet a line. Comments are welcome! Hope you enjoy. All pictures and videos are taken by me unless otherwise noted and I reserve all copyright privileges to all my Narratives, Photos and Videos. - Burgs

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Malibu Produces Again 10-28-2012

After catching some nice fish in Malibu the day before, when Brian asked where we should fish I quickly said Malibu surf :). We decided to meet up there, I arrived around 7:35 AM and for the first time ever, someone was in my spot :(. Oh well, it was bound to happen one of these times, gotta get up earlier next time. I decided to try a little further South from my usual spot and within 15 minutes (7:55AM) landed my first fish of the day...a tiny grass rockfish.


Back in the water and fish #2 came up 25 minutes later (8:20 AM). This time an 11" grassy. Tossed him back since I already had three nice fish in the fridge from yesterday and he was in good shape.


Ten minutes later (8:30 AM) and I have fish #3, an 11.5" grass rockfish which I released as well.


Fishing slowed after that and Brian arrived at about 8:45 AM. My usual spot opened up around 10:00 AM so we both moved North and Brian brings in a nice 11" grassy (released) shortly later followed at 10:57 AM with a nice Cabazon. We both are thinking it is legal, but it taped out to 14.5", so back he went.


At 11:36 AM my squid is hammered and I bring in a beautiful 13.5" grassy, which I kept. Brian also landed a nice 12.5" grass rockfish around this time which we also kept.


Fish #5, a 11" grassy, came at 12:10 PM, followed closely by another cabby (12.5") for Brian at 12:18 AM.


Fifteen minutes later I have fish  #6 a 11+" grassy with a FAT belly and a mouth FULL of squid, greedy little guy, lol. Let him go to after a quick picture.


Final tally: Me: Six (6) grass rockfish, Brian: Two (2) grass rockfish, two (2) cabazon. Another great day in Malibu. We headed back to my pad to make some fish and chips afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment