Adsense AutoAds

Website in the works. In the meantime I have posted some music I enjoy. I post my fishing trips here as a resource for future trips and to re-live the trips when I cannot get out to wet a line. Comments are welcome! Hope you enjoy. All pictures and videos are taken by me unless otherwise noted and I reserve all copyright privileges to all my Narratives, Photos and Videos. - Burgs

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Greenock Lane Jetty Fishing - Ventura - 07-10-2013

Fished the Greenock Lane Jetty in Ventura with Brian from about 11:00 AM till about 4:30 PM. Fishing was pretty slow most of the day, lots of little bites (probably walleye perch which our hooks were too big for). Brian hooked up on a nice 3.5'-4' Shovelnose Guitarfish, reeled it in and brought it up on a lower rock of the jetty. Well it then decided to flip out and broke his line on some muscles on the rock he landed it on and swam back to the ocean. So we will call it a quick C & R :). I did manage to scratch up one small grass rockfish from my secret hole somewhere on the jetty, it was about 9" long and I let em go to get bigger. Nice to beat the skunk at least :). Weather was nice, waves were big (we both got splashed a few times). No salad in the water. Both fish caught on squid.

No comments:

Post a Comment