Adsense AutoAds

Website in the works. In the meantime I have posted some music I enjoy. I post my fishing trips here as a resource for future trips and to re-live the trips when I cannot get out to wet a line. Comments are welcome! Hope you enjoy. All pictures and videos are taken by me unless otherwise noted and I reserve all copyright privileges to all my Narratives, Photos and Videos. - Burgs

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Fishing off the Rocks and Surf in Northern LA County - 07-21-2013

Tired of getting skunked in Malibu (four times in a row) Brian and I decided to try much further North. Bait all day was squid. We started off at Mugu Rock and fished there from about 11:45 AM to 1:45 PM. Nothing but lots of snags for the most part. Lost a few weights and hooks here. No fish.


Off to spot #2, a beach just south of Mugu Rock. Fished here from about 2:00 PM till 3:00 PM. I could not hold bottom here using my four ounce flat weights, so I was not anticipating catching anything here, and I didn't. You gotta hold bottom to catch fish most of the time. Brian tied on an eight ounce torpedo sinker and was able to hold bottom, but also did not catch any fish here. We were entertained by a seal that kept coming up on the sand next to us. Got a few videos of it and a pic :).


Spot #3 was on some rocks just South of Sycamore Canyon Beach starting at around 3:15 PM. I have fished here before, but only caught a perch here once. It looks super fishy, but to date hasn't produced much. Fishing was rough, with the waves being pretty big and crashing on the rock I started off on. I eventually had to move off of it when I almost lost one of my buckets to the waves, lol. Brian set up on higher and safer ground and fished away. I moved over to another rock for a while and we packed it in at around 5:30 PM accepting our fate of our fifth skunk in a row. At least we tried some new places and had fun in the process :).

No comments:

Post a Comment