Adsense AutoAds

Website in the works. In the meantime I have posted some music I enjoy. I post my fishing trips here as a resource for future trips and to re-live the trips when I cannot get out to wet a line. Comments are welcome! Hope you enjoy. All pictures and videos are taken by me unless otherwise noted and I reserve all copyright privileges to all my Narratives, Photos and Videos. - Burgs

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Jetty Fishing Ventura 12-04-2013

After dropping off Brian's girlfriend for her hair appointment in Ventura we headed over to a jetty in Pierpont Bay. We arrived around 11:15 AM and left around 2:15 PM when the girlfriend was done gettin her hair did, lol. Bait was squid, all fish released. I caught the first fish at 11:50 AM in one of my secret holes I have found on this particular jetty, which was a small cabezon (about 7-8"). Hmm wonder if there are any more fish hanging out in this hole...back goes the bait and a couple minutes later (literately at 11:52 AM) , tap, tap fish on and this time it feels bigger! Reel in a whole 8 feet and what do ya know, I have two fish on! One was an 11" or so grass rockfish and the other was a 9" or so cabezon. Damn, lots of fish in this hole today (it was a pretty high tide of 6.37 @ around 9:30 AM). No more fish until 12:58 PM which was a small, 6" or so, cabezon. I also caught this fish in a hole, but a new one I found :). Brian didn't catch nothing but my dust and a nice tan, lol. The swell was a little rough and he fished casting out away from the jetty mostly. While fishing that way I did not catch anything either. Another fun fishing trip in the books :).

Ventura Pier in the distance

No comments:

Post a Comment