Adsense AutoAds

Website in the works. In the meantime I have posted some music I enjoy. I post my fishing trips here as a resource for future trips and to re-live the trips when I cannot get out to wet a line. Comments are welcome! Hope you enjoy. All pictures and videos are taken by me unless otherwise noted and I reserve all copyright privileges to all my Narratives, Photos and Videos. - Burgs

Friday, June 7, 2013

Surf Fishing Malibu 06-07-2013

Decided to hit up the Malibu Spot today. Low tide was at a little before 3:00 PM, so that is when I arrived. In the water right away and first cast I catch a nice 17" Calico Bass. Sweet start! Fifteen minutes later I catch fish #2 which I am unsure of the species. It looked and was shaped like a BSP, but it had spots on each fin. It was about 13.5" long and fat as hell. Back in the water and I get snagged a while later...while walking up the beach to work the snag out a sea gull stole all my bait....grrrr. It is only 4:20 now and if I leave now I will just sit in traffic, so...quick trip to Ralphs for squid and back to the spot. No more fish after that of course, packed it in around 7:00 PM. Both fish caught on squid. Any suggestions on the species ID are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment