Adsense AutoAds

Website in the works. In the meantime I have posted some music I enjoy. I post my fishing trips here as a resource for future trips and to re-live the trips when I cannot get out to wet a line. Comments are welcome! Hope you enjoy. All pictures and videos are taken by me unless otherwise noted and I reserve all copyright privileges to all my Narratives, Photos and Videos. - Burgs

Friday, June 28, 2013

Jetty Fishing Port Hueneme 06-28-2013

Hit up a jetty in Port Hueneme with Brian from about 11:00 AM till 3:30 PM. Arrived at the jetty and set up near the end. Started fishing with squid and chatting with another angler that was at the very end of the jetty. While my attention was on fishing a sea gull decided to take my big ass bag of squid we planned to use for the main bait all day.....grrrrrrrrr. Luckily I had back up bait in the form of sardines, smelt and shad. With my preferred bait gone, my hopes for catching fish were not high. Got small bites all day, but usually that just meant my bait was gone (hard to keep those baits on the hook). So I was skunked for the day, Brian caught a nice 13.5" calico bass on sardine which was released. Lots of bird diving action around, so I am pretty sure there was some kind of bait in the water, which could explain the slow fishing as well. No pictures till I get my new phone :(.

No comments:

Post a Comment