Adsense AutoAds

Website in the works. In the meantime I have posted some music I enjoy. I post my fishing trips here as a resource for future trips and to re-live the trips when I cannot get out to wet a line. Comments are welcome! Hope you enjoy. All pictures and videos are taken by me unless otherwise noted and I reserve all copyright privileges to all my Narratives, Photos and Videos. - Burgs

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Surf Fishing Malibu CA 06-04-2014

Hmm, no fishing in June yet....time to fix that by heading down to my favorite local city, Malibu, CA :). No early morning this day since low tide was a +0.71 @ 8:52 AM and high tide was a +3.59 @ 4:10 PM, bait was squid as usual. We (my wife Alisa and I) arrived at 9:47 AM to a tide still pretty far out. I moved up and down the coast for a while as the tide slowly came in before settling on my final "rock" a little before 11:00 AM (meaning, after that I would be casting from shore as the tide would be too far in for me to feel safe walking out on slippery rocks to a large rock to stand and fish from).

Fish #1 came at 11:16 AM, which was a medium sized Calico Perch which was promptly released after a long distance photo of it, lol.

Fish #2 came at 12:05 PM, which was a small, 11" or so, Grass Rockfish. Grass Rockfish are my second favorite fish to eat, only California Halibut tops it if you ask me (and the Malibu Cafe has it on it's menu, pricey but yummy), but too small for my personal size limit and not meaty enough to keep even if it was an inch bigger, so back it went as well.

No more action after that but it was a gorgeous day out and I caught fish, so I was a happy fisherman :). We packed up and headed home at 2:00 PM. Another great day of fishing at the beach in Sunny Southern California! You can really see how different this particular spot looks at low and high tides if you compare the panorama pics below BTW.


4 comments:

  1. greetings from germany by carsten stallbörger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings and thank you for the comment! Would you happen to know Thomas Stallörger? Eric and Joan are my parents in case you did not make the connection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing image and Interesting information.
    It is helpful for every on.
    Thanks for sharing, Keep it up writing!

    ReplyDelete