Adsense AutoAds

Website in the works. In the meantime I have posted some music I enjoy. I post my fishing trips here as a resource for future trips and to re-live the trips when I cannot get out to wet a line. Comments are welcome! Hope you enjoy. All pictures and videos are taken by me unless otherwise noted and I reserve all copyright privileges to all my Narratives, Photos and Videos. - Burgs

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Night Fishing Malibu 06-10-2014

Having been five days since I last fished, I was ready to hit the water. After solidifying my partner (non-fishing) for the night, Mr. Doug, we headed to Malibu, CA to to some fishing during the nearly full moon. We arrived around 7:15 PM and I set up and started fishing. High tide was a +5.65' @ 7:52 PM and low was a -.062' at 3:06 AM on 06-11-2014. Notice I was fishing the outgoing tide, which is not my preference, but sometimes you just have to fish when you can ;).

Fishing was super slow all evening. I had a couple lost hook ups (large cabazon and medium shark are my guesses based on the way the bit and fought while I had them on) throughout the evening, but for the most part I found myself just soaking in the beauty while trying to find where the fish were hiding. I did reel in a very small spiny lobster at 9:09 PM which flapped like mad when I tried to remove it from my hook and I wisely let it fall off (they have very sharp tails) and it hunkered down in between some of the rocks I was standing on which you can see in three pics below (you can only see it's antennas and head).

The first and only fish landed on the night was a nice fat 14" or so yellow fin croaker which I caught at 10:39 PM. Not being a fan of the species due to it being a close relative to the white fin croaker, which is on the DO NOT CONSUME (PDF link) list I released the fat guy even though I have heard they are delicious.

We packed it in around 11:15 PM and headed home with nothing but memories and photos, which is just fine by me on occasion ;) Bait was squid as usual.


No comments:

Post a Comment