Adsense AutoAds

Website in the works. In the meantime I have posted some music I enjoy. I post my fishing trips here as a resource for future trips and to re-live the trips when I cannot get out to wet a line. Comments are welcome! Hope you enjoy. All pictures and videos are taken by me unless otherwise noted and I reserve all copyright privileges to all my Narratives, Photos and Videos. - Burgs

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Malibu 07-15-2012

Decided to hit the high tide at around dusk since they say that is the best time to fish (that and an early high tide). Arrived at the spot at around 6:00 PM, high tide of +5.26 was a little after 7:30 PM. I only brought squid for bait since I was lazy and it has worked at this location before. Set up on my usual rock and cast out a double dropper with squid. About 15 minutes later I pulled in my first fish of the day a small leopard shark (probably around 18" or so). After putting him back about 30 minutes later I get a small grass rockfish (about 7") which was put back to get bigger. After that no real action until after sunset at a little after 8:00 PM. Between then and when I left at 9:00 PM I caught two more small leopard sharks (first was around 18" again, second was a few inches bigger) and had a ton of short bites. Left with nothing to eat, but happy to have caught four fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment