Adsense AutoAds

Website in the works. In the meantime I have posted some music I enjoy. I post my fishing trips here as a resource for future trips and to re-live the trips when I cannot get out to wet a line. Comments are welcome! Hope you enjoy. All pictures and videos are taken by me unless otherwise noted and I reserve all copyright privileges to all my Narratives, Photos and Videos. - Burgs

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Redondo Short Pier and Surrounding Jetties 01/07/2012 - 01/08/2012

Met up with John / Redkorn at around 10:30 P.M. on Saturday night for a night of fishing and hoop netting for lobster. We started out on the rocks just South of the short pier in the harbor. John was fishing and hoop netting, I was just fishing. We both took nice spills due to the rocks being very slick because of the high swell. I held off on hooping because I really did not feel like falling again. I caught about a dozen large mackerels on squid and John also caught quite a few. About 3:00 A.M. we decided to move to a small dock just North of the short pier. We both hoop netted and fished there. I caught a few small rockfish and neither of us got anything in our nets. We did see squid in the water, which was strange for winter, but they would not take my squid jig. At around 5:00 A.M. we moved to the foot of the short pier and waited for it to open. Once opened we went to the end and just fished till around 8:45 with one large Mackeral being the only catch using squid, cut macks and live peppermint shrimp for bait. Also got a great breakfast at Polly's on the Pier once they opened. Another great trip, even though I didn't bring home anything to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment