Adsense AutoAds

Website in the works. In the meantime I have posted some music I enjoy. I post my fishing trips here as a resource for future trips and to re-live the trips when I cannot get out to wet a line. Comments are welcome! Hope you enjoy. All pictures and videos are taken by me unless otherwise noted and I reserve all copyright privileges to all my Narratives, Photos and Videos. - Burgs

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Jetty Fishing Pierpont Bay (Ventura, CA) 01/28/2012

Fished the first Jetty North of Ventura Harbor from about 8:00 A.M. till 12:30 P.M. with my fishing buddy Brian. We were using squid, cut mackerel and peppermint shrimp for bait at first. I caught a 10" rockfish on cut mack fairly quickly (returned to get bigger) and Brian wasn't getting anything until he harvested some muscles from the rocks for bait. After he started using the muscles he landed three perch in pretty short order. I also at some point between losing setups caught a nice 13" rockfish on cut mack which I kept for dinner. First time fishing this jetty, so I was pretty happy that we both caught fish. Weather was perfect (even a little hot) and the swell was kind of big.

Here are a few pics of our fishing area:



No comments:

Post a Comment