Adsense AutoAds

Website in the works. In the meantime I have posted some music I enjoy. I post my fishing trips here as a resource for future trips and to re-live the trips when I cannot get out to wet a line. Comments are welcome! Hope you enjoy. All pictures and videos are taken by me unless otherwise noted and I reserve all copyright privileges to all my Narratives, Photos and Videos. - Burgs

Monday, January 2, 2012

Hobson Beach & Ventura Pier 01/02/2012

So finally decided to get out around 11:00 A.M. and had a trip to a local area near Hobson Beach to harvest some muscles while I still can and just as I pulled up to my location, got a text from my parents that they were camping at Hobson. I quickly proceeded to their campsite to hang out for a while. I then went back to my location and harvested my allotment of muscles and then went back to Hobson for a short 15 minute perch session. No takers on sand crabs. I then took the parents to Andria’s Seafood Restaurant in Oxnard for a heaping helping of the best fish and chips around. After dropping them back at their campsite I proceeded to Ventura Pier for a short crabbing session. Crabbed at the end for about 2 1/2 hours and ended up with 11 keeper red and rock crabs. Lots of shorts and lots of poachers out at the pier unfortunately. One group even clawed the poor things and tossed em back defenseless right before leaving. I hope they get shellfish poisoning! Shameful! Only saw three queenfish caught all night by the people fishing. Been very slow fishing wise out at the end, so I did not even bring a pole on this trip. So muscles and crab for dinner tonight! Cooked the crab when I got home last night and will steam the muscles when I get home tonight (I am purging them of sand right now). All and all a great day and beautiful weather. I'll put up some pics later.

No comments:

Post a Comment