Adsense AutoAds

Website in the works. In the meantime I have posted some music I enjoy. I post my fishing trips here as a resource for future trips and to re-live the trips when I cannot get out to wet a line. Comments are welcome! Hope you enjoy. All pictures and videos are taken by me unless otherwise noted and I reserve all copyright privileges to all my Narratives, Photos and Videos. - Burgs

Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Day The Sea Kicked My Ass North Of Cayucos - 01-09-2014

Up bright and early Brian and I were on the road and at our destination by around 8:30 AM. We had fished here before and caught some small guys, so we were hopeful even though we were fishing the outgoing tide (High was a 4.49' @ 6:23 AM and Low was a 0.73 @ 1:45 PM). Brian was quick to catch the first fish, a small grass rockfish (although it kinda looks like something else the more I look at the pic) at 8:40 AM and a nice 13" or so cabazon around 9:00 AM. I however was busy getting snagged left and right and broke my first pole ever at 9:33 AM. Not only was it the first pole I have broken (other than a tip here and there), it was a new 12' Beefstick and it broke in two places at almost the thickest parts....Now that was a bummer, lol.

After trekking back to the car to fetch his back up rod we moved locations to see if fishing was any better there. Long story short, wasn't for me, but Brian caught another small grassy before almost falling into a large pool from a high perch, lol. I was busy getting soaked on the rocks I had waded to that were taking a beating from the waves. After one particularly big set of waves rolled through and made me reel in quickly and brace for the ride I quickly retreated to a safer set of rocks a little bit back...then broke Brian's back up rod at 12:04 PM....well guess I am done fishing. We packed up and left shortly afterwards, and were at the car by 12:30 PM. Frustrating day of fishing for me, good day for Brian and all worth it because I was doing what I love!

No comments:

Post a Comment