Adsense AutoAds

Website in the works. In the meantime I have posted some music I enjoy. I post my fishing trips here as a resource for future trips and to re-live the trips when I cannot get out to wet a line. Comments are welcome! Hope you enjoy. All pictures and videos are taken by me unless otherwise noted and I reserve all copyright privileges to all my Narratives, Photos and Videos. - Burgs

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Surf Fishing Malibu 01-04-2014

I surf fished in Malibu alone from 6:21 AM till 10:01 AM. Low tide was 1.45' @ 5:47 AM and high tide was 5.46' @ 11:03 AM. Bait was squid. My first catch of the day was an unusual one, a just short of legal sized lobster (I always have my gauge with me, and of course I released it because it is illegal to take lobster via hook and line) at 7:14 AM. The next catch was a nice 13" grass rockfish caught at 7:25 AM which I kept. I then caught an 11" or so black sea perch aka butter mouth perch at 7:50 AM, which was hit by something on the way in because it's tail was damaged and bleeding a bit (see pic). After releasing the perch (I do not like to eat perch) my final catch of the day was a 10.5" grass rockfish at 8:26 AM, which I released to get bigger and make babies :). I should have left at this point, but like to fish a minimum of four hours when fishing is good...well the extra hour and a half I stayed resulted in three lost weights, four lost hooks and zero fish, lol. Oh well, still a great day of fishing in Malibu!


No comments:

Post a Comment