Adsense AutoAds

Website in the works. In the meantime I have posted some music I enjoy. I post my fishing trips here as a resource for future trips and to re-live the trips when I cannot get out to wet a line. Comments are welcome! Hope you enjoy. All pictures and videos are taken by me unless otherwise noted and I reserve all copyright privileges to all my Narratives, Photos and Videos. - Burgs

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Best Sunrise Ever While Surf Fishing Malibu 01-22-2014

Not satisfied with yesterdays catch, I headed back to Malibu, CA to do some more surf fishing alone. I arrived at 6:30 AM with sunrise slated for 6:57 AM. Low tide was a 1.85' @ 7:19 AM and high was a 3.09 @ 12:31 PM, bait was squid. After being treated to one of the most beautiful pre-sunrise and sunrises I have ever witnessed and recorded I caught my first fish for the day at 7:59 AM, which was a nice 16" grass rockfish! Now that is the kind of fish I am looking for :). Back in the water and fishing was pretty slow the rest of the day, but I did catch one more fish at 11:25 AM, which was another grass rockfish around 9" or so. Tired and satisfied with my one keeper I packed up and headed home from Malibu a happy man around 12:30 PM. I was so glad I got my butt up early to see this amazing sunrise in sunny Southern California, it was worth it!!! Hope you all enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment